10 September 2010

Blogging for Bliss, Books and Bookshelves

I love books. The funny thing is that I don't actually like to read very much, but I love the photos in books. Photos, whether of someone's eclectic, modern, cosy decor or of a home cooked meal decked out waiting for it's close-up, are inspiring to me. They keep me refreshed, up to date and inspired. I love to look over at our bookshelf in the kitchen and see a variety of cookbooks with there colorful spines peering through the glass or my living room bookshelves adorning the collection of books old and new. I plan on filling them top to bottom with books one day.



Click here for for more book shelf eye candy.

Another thing I love are blogs. Blogs are like books with a vast array of intoxicating photography, scrumptious recipes and amazing artistry of all sorts that influence, rouse and stir a sense of creativity in me.

There are so many books out there to scour over and I hate to admit it, but I have bought books before that were not inspiring. They were a waist of money. I know harsh, it's true. Not ALL books are a thing of beauty. So instead of waisting money on books, I went to our local libraries website and put holds on several books. It was so easy and a few days later I headed to our library and picked up about 20 books I've been pining over. I checked out recipe books, craft books and home decor books as well as some chapter books for B. Several of these books I read about on blogs and some of them I am so glad I didn't buy. BUT, there were a few that were buzz worthy. One of them was Blogging for Bliss and I'm ACTUALLY reading it! Lots of good information for creating your own blog for fun or for business. Very informative and detailed as far as SEO's and traffic. These are just a few that I loved and since they are informative they are keepers. Well, i'll return these and buy my own copy :)



A few others worth checking out are The Family at Home, Mark Bittman's Kitchen Express and One Yard Wonders. I'm just sayin'...





Do you have any good book recommendations?

Happy Friday. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment