26 July 2010

Pajama run!

Tonight Tristan and Bella had a dinner date and Jude and I had a dinner date. It was fun having some one on one. We're in vacation mode already. The days are becoming painful as we wait for Friday to come. So, we decided to have a little fun with the kids. After dinner, computer time and a few books we put them to bed. They were actually pretty tired after spending the day at work with their daddy. About 5 minutes later, we started the car and ran into their rooms yelling and clapping "Pajama run...GET UP, GET UP!!!" Now, I know it sounds a little crazy. I mean what were we thinking. Yelling and clapping is enough to scare anyone, right? We put all thought aside and did it anyways thinking the outcome would be great. They were stunned. The look on their faces made me laugh so hard I could barely get the words out. Awful I know. It was too funny. They didn't know what to think. They ran out of their rooms, got their flips on and got in the car still with the stunned looks on their little precious faces. At this point we were still laughing pretty hard, but we managed to tell them that we were going to get ice cream in our pj's. That's what a pajama run is. Then their stunned little faces turned to smiles and laughs and they began to tell us what in the world they thought was going on. Bella said she was a little scared and Jude said he thought I was singing a song. It was funny. 3 single dip waffle cones with mint chocolate chip and 1 (I was the oddball) scoop of vanilla with chocolate syrup in a cup later and they knew exactly what a pajama run was. It was a memory being made. A rule then had to be enforced. YOU DO NOT ASK FOR A PAJAMA RUN...IF YOU DO THEN YOU AUTOMATICALLY DO NOT GET ONE. I'm sure Jude will be the one to be reckoned with on this room asking every night for the next two weeks, but we'll see. Isn't that a 4 year old for you? Or is that just my 4 year old. Don't answer that. The reason for this crazy shinanagan was to create tradition. Or it could be said that we were breaking tradition, the bedtime tradition. Either way, I will never forget it or the many more to come and I'm pretty sure the rest of the gang won't either. Family is great...I love them so much!

Then when we came home and put our sugared up little howler monkeys to bed, I opened my email and saw this in my in-box from my mister...isn't he talented? He even called me when he saw it and wanted me to take a picture of it maybe thinking I could do a better job. I think not! He did a fine job. I love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment