03 February 2010

Extreme Makeover in T-Town

So, last week we found out that Extreme Home Makeover on ABC would be in town to give a family a new home. Cool huh? Well, then we found out that it would be in our old neighborhood. Even cooler. Then we drove by and got kicked out of the neighborhood by security. NOT COOL. I was so hoping to see Ty. Then next day, Tristan got a call from a designer locally who was helping out with some things for the show and she asked him to upholster some pieces. Then we "he" got a call to be on set Sunday afternoon to meet with the design producers to go over what he was supposed to make. So we walked our little hineys right past the security guys (if only it was the ones who booted us out the first time) and onto "the set". We sat through the meeting, then as we were leaving I spotted "Pauly" taking a break. I whispered to Tristan "look, it's Paul!!!" so stinking excited I could hardly contain myself and not look like a freak.

Me (again): Look it's Paul, ya know Pauly!!!!! Tee hee!

Tristan : Is it?

Me: Yeah, I think it is, isn't it?

Tristan: It is. I'm gonna go say hi.

Me: NO! Don't do that, he'll think you're weird.

Tristan: I'm just going to say hi, it's no big deal.

Me: Yes it is, he's going to think we're obsessed fans.

(I turn around and see him walking towards him).

Me: OMG. OMG. OMG.

I walk over to introduce myself and snap a pic. It was cool.

Then Tristan worked on the set to help do some carpentry work. Last night they were moving in the furniture so our friend (who might I add is moving to California and leaving us in the dust and we hate him for it, but love him anyways) Eric watched the kiddos for us and we volunteered to help at the house.

Apparently, they had too much help in the house so we had to go back down to "art world" and do some carpentry. I used a jigsaw and a drill and a screw gun. I handled them by myself to. If only Ty could have seen me ;) Fortunately my husband did and fell in love with me all over again (oh the things he never knew about me). I'm just sayin'. It was fun.

We eventually did get to go in the house and help carry some paint stuff and look around. It's pretty cool. It will air in March and I can't wait to see "our" handy work on TV! If you want our autograph just ask ;)





1 comment:

Unknown said...

How awesome is that!

Post a Comment