21 January 2009

Homeschool sweet homeschool.

This has been an interesting few weeks for us. During the holiday break from school we decided to home school B. The transition has been remarkably easy and we are so glad that we made the decision. The how's and why's will come in another post, BUT I will say that we as a family love every minute of it. Our lives, especially the kids are so much more enriched. I must admit, I was a little nervous and thought well...I guess everyone will think of us a bible beating prairie people family (which we're not...we're so cool ;), but then I thought "who cares?". I'm almost 30 years old (man that's hard to say) and it's time to start enjoying and living life without any further consideration of what someone might think. Besides, I want our children to be able to be strong and be able to make decisions based on "their" morals, beliefs and values, not what other say or think. So Tristan and I have to be "the" example for them :) So far so good, right? Well...some days I want to yank my hair out in fistfuls, but I know it's worth it ;)

Today we talked abut Martin Luterh King and what an impact he had and how wonderful he was and Bella said "yeah...he was a good King!" She has Kings on the brain lately b/c last night we studied about the Tower of Babel and how King Nimrod was a bad man. It's fun incorporating bible study in our day b/c I feel like I am learning right along with them! We talked about how God scrambled the languages b/c of Nimrod building the Tower and that's why we have so many different languages in the world. The kids enjoyed commenting on the story.

This was Bella's copy work for Monday.



Jude pays attention sometimes.



With all this fun school stuff I have been in a mad cleaning out mode. The simpler the better in my opinion. In an effort to simplify my life I have made a bigger mess. So, if my lack of blogging has bothered you, please understand ;) Oh, and did I mention I am revamping my photography logo, which changes EVERYTHING?! Just another mission to simplify.

No comments:

Post a Comment