11 September 2008

the farm.

Last weekend we visited granny and papa Bob. He has bladder cancer and has been going through radiation for the last few weeks and seems to be doing great for a 90 year old man! During our visit we took the kids to the farm my granny grew up on. I love it there. It is so peaceful and really encourages me to be more simple and enjoy the things in life that matter. It makes me want to grow a garden, sew a quilt, cook everything from my garden and be with family. My great uncle Jimmy (who always wears overalls) still lives there. He game me some treasures before we left including some old blacks and whites, a rusted out gingerbread man cookie cutter from the 40's, my great grandfather Mos's pay stub from 1948 and a bill of sale for the milk they used to sell. He also gave me some okra that I'm going to fry up this weekend. Funny b/c I don't fry anything so I'll have to do some research before I fry it! He walked up to the barn where there is 100 year old barn wood that they want us to take. It's beautiful and I have a few ideas for it ;) Like, ummm...wood floors! I think I convinced Tristan, right honey? So, we had fun. Poor Bella walked through a nest of fire ants and has the stings all over her feet to prove it. Never wear flip flops to a farm ;)

Also on that trip, granny gave me some treasures as well, one of them being a quilt made by my great, great Aunt Serene. It has motivated me to sew a quilt which I'm planning my design right now! I'm so excited! I'm going to make one for both the kids, the quilt top that is. I just need someone to finish the backing and embroidering so let me know if you know of someone. Ok, so now for the pics....










3 comments:

ADELINE HO said...

what lens do you use?

Mama Weiss said...

Those are some of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen you take...and you know what a fan I am of your photography! Great posts! I'm feeling inspired- I just need a great rainy weekend. Love you guys.

SandGs Mom said...

i've got a quilt backer for you in kansas. She's very reasonable and you just call her and tell her the size and she'll tell you how much back fabric to buy or she'll go get it for you if you tell her what you want. I'll email you the info.

Post a Comment