11 September 2008

Domesticity...

Not domestic. That's what my artistic side has been up too lately.


I ordered this wonderful book, The Gentle Art of Domesticity: Stitching, Baking, Nature, Art & the Comforts of Home, the other day that ha set my muse on fire. And just to get you all motivated, I am having a contest for all of you in the blogospehere. Here are the rules:

1. Take 5 photos of what domesticity means to you. Remember, domesticity is NOT about daily mundane chores. It's more about the art of being domesticated. How do you reflect your creativity in your home, cooking, etc...

2. The deadline is Monday, September 15th at noon.

3. The prize is a copy of The Gentle Art of Domesticity.

4. You have to post the 5 photos on your blog if you have one. If you don't, you can e-mail me the photos at anvaught@cox.net

5. Leave a comment with your blog so I can check it out!

6. Everyone that participates is a winner (hint, hint)!

Don't worry about "how good" the photos look. It's more about you and your style!

Have fun! Here are some examples of things in my home that make me happy and the art of my domesticity to get you going:

This chair was $15 and my wonderful hubby upholstered it for me! I love it!

These are photos from Flossy's room :)



I have also been reminiscing lately and ordered the whole series of My So Called Life. I have been watching it every night (almost) since. I remember relating to that show so well in high school. Oh and Jordan Catalono is and still is such a cutie ;) I had a huge crush on him! I also had to share a pic of the cute collar that I bought for Fiona on Etsy. What dog doesn't look Divine in red damask?

No comments:

Post a Comment