11 August 2009

After 15.5 hours in the car Saturday, we arrived home safely. Let me just say how blessed we are to have good little travelers. It's the same every year. I think they travel better than me :) WE do end up having about an hour and a half window when Jude is DONE being in the car and he repeatedly asks "what's taking so long?"

Vacations are necessary at least twice a year in my opinion. That's our new promise to our family :)

We had such a good time this year. The house was amazing...all 3 stories, 3 bedrooms and 3.5 baths of it! We had a pool that we swam in everyday when we were through with the ocean and then in the evenings when the kids went to bed. Words really cannot express how much fun we had. I'm ready to go back. In fact, I was never ready to leave!

We spent the first day of vacation at our best friends house in Ft. Smith. We all got up early Friday morning to start our trek to the beach. We went through Memphis this year in stead of driving down through Louisiana and Mississippi. It was a little boring and all interstate, but we did make a stop in Memphis to visit Sun Records and headed over to Beale Street for some lunch at BB King's Blues. I love Memphis! I think Sun Records had to be the hippest, coolest place to work in the world. When we walked in I was wearing a classic Woodstock t-shirt and there was a young guy playing his guitar. He said "You have too stay awhile b/c you're wearing that shirt. This is where Woodstock got started." I was speechless b/c I wanted to say "OK, can I work here please?" It was that cool of a place.

I think the vacation pics will come in several posts because I have lots to share!









No comments:

Post a Comment